You will arrive in our family's home in Siikakämä- The Heart of Lapland. We will welcome you warmly and we'll make sure your equipment is weather-appropriate. Together we go to the beautiful lake in front of our home where we will teach you our family's ice-fishing secrets. You will drill your own hole in the ice and prepare your ice-fishing gear for fishing in the right way. You will learn to ice-fish like the locals. We will tell you about the beautiful surrounding water and nature and you will enjoy its bliss and tranquility. You will learn to identify the fish we ice-fish. In addition to ice-fishing, you will also enjoy the delicacies of Lapland during this activity. We will prepare you a traditional pea soup with side dishes and a black pot coffee on the fire. You also have the possibility to warm up by the fire or inside the house if necessary.
This activity includes:
* Welcoming treat
* Guided winter dress - winter coverall possible to borrow
* Fishing guidance
* Fishing equipment
* A warm pea soup with side dishes by the fire
* Black pot coffee with sweet side dish
Points to note:
* A minimum of 2 adults or a price of 2 is required to complete this activity.
* This experience can be combined with other experiences such as snowshoeing, snowmobiling, sleigh rides and saunas.
* Our guests staying at Taavetti cottage, Siikkis cabin and Kaamos apartment receive a -10% discount on the experience packages on the list.
* After the price for two adults, children under 12 years get -50%.
* Activity available during safe ice conditions.
* Booking enquiries and reservations are made by contacting us.
* This activity is private. Once the booking fee or payment has been made, the calendar day will be closed and reserved for you.
* This activity takes place in a siikakämä setting on our private land (from Rovaniemi ~60 km Ranua ~50km). You will receive more detailed driving instructions upon booking confirmation.
* Transportation must be arranged separately and is not included in the price. (Pickup and drop off from Rovaniemi at an additional cost of 70€/car)
* We offer home made food. Meat and vegetarian version of the bean soup meal available. Please also let us know in your booking if you have any dietary restrictions and if you prefer vegetarian version.
*** There may be changes to the planned program if the weather in Lapland so requires.
*** The guests must have their own insurance and participate in the activities at their own risk, as instructed by the guide.
*** Prices include taxes payable in Finland.
*** Once the booking fee has been paid, the service is confirmed to you. The booking fee is 50% of the total amount of the invoice. The balance must be paid in advance or on the spot by cash or card before the service starts.
*** Cancellation policy: Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the experience begins. If you cancel up to 3 days before, you can still receive a 50% refund.
*** The booking fee and payment can be paid in advance through the Pay Pal invoice, Zettle payment link by card and mobile wallets, by bank transfer to the accaunt. Payment on the spot can be made by card or cash.