You have arrived in the Heart of Lapland, our home in Siikakämä. You have come to experience what the authentic Lappish lifestyle is all about. We will welcome you and make sure you have enough clothes before we set off on a snowmobile, sitting in a sledge towards a wilderness pond. In the beautiful wilderness pond we will teach you the secrets of ice-fishing and you will learn to fish like a local. You will enjoy the beauty and silence of the wilderness while you fishing. We have bring along a sled with a built-in barbecue. On the grill we will prepare for you a local meat soup with side dishes and a black pot coffee with a sweet side dish. After arriving back to the Siikakämä by snowmobile sledge ride, a warm wood-fired sauna will be waiting for you. The sauna is the perfect lappish way to end the day in the fresh outdoor air.
This activity includes:
* Welcoming treat
* Guided winter dress - winter coverall possible to borrow
* Snowmobile sledge trip to the wilderness pond
* Guidance and equipment for ice-fishing
* A warm local meat soup with side dishes by the fire
* Black pot coffee with sweet side dish
* Traditional wood-fired sauna and the guidance (detergents, towel and water included in the package)
Points to note:
* A minimum of 2 adults or a price of 2 is required to complete this activity.
* Our guests staying at Taavetti cottage, Siikkis cabin and Kaamos apartment receive a -10% discount on the experience packages on the list.
* After the price for two adults, children under 12 years get -50%.
* Activity available during safe ice and snow conditions.
* A maximum of six participants. Larger numbers of participants will be agreed separately.
* Booking enquiries and reservations are made by contacting us.
* This activity is private. Once the booking fee or payment has been made, the calendar day will be closed and reserved for you.
* This activity takes place in a siikakämä and nearby wilderness pond. (from Rovaniemi ~60 km Ranua ~50km). You will receive more detailed driving instructions upon booking confirmation.
* Transportation must be arranged separately and is not included in the price. (Pickup and drop off from Rovaniemi at an additional cost of 70€/car)
* We offer home made food. Please also let us know in your booking if you have any dietary restrictions and if you prefer vegetarian version.
*** There may be changes to the planned program if the weather in Lapland so requires.
*** The guests must have their own insurance and participate in the activities at their own risk, as instructed by the guide.
*** Prices include taxes payable in Finland.
*** Once the booking fee has been paid, the service is confirmed to you. The booking fee is 50% of the total amount of the invoice. The balance must be paid in advance or on the spot by cash or card before the service starts.
*** Cancellation policy: Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the experience begins. If you cancel up to 3 days before, you can still receive a 50% refund.
*** The booking fee and payment can be paid in advance through the Pay Pal invoice, Zettle payment link by card and mobile wallets, by bank transfer to the accaunt. Payment on the spot can be made by card or cash.