When you arrive at our family's wilderness cottage, you will sense the interplay between nature and man. The building materials are sourced from the surrounding nature and the buildings are hand-built. In this private experience you will take a peek to the Lappish way of life in the middle of the wilderness without electricity and running water. Fire dances in the hut kitchen where a three-course meal is being prepared and hosted by our family. You will get to taste different authentic Lapland dishes that we have sourced for you from the surrounding nature. You will hear stories about how the food is sourced from nature and processed until to your plate. As the meal progresses, we will hold a small wilderness ceremony to invite the good energies of nature to us and dive into the magic of Lapland.
Fish roe cups, fish rolls and smoked fish salad
Local fish soup with bread
Pancakes served with Lappish berries
This activity includes:
* Meal hosted by a Lapland family
* Three-course local fish meal by the fire
* Wilderness ceremony
* Private event in the genuine wilderness surrounding
Points to note:
* A minimum of 2 adults or a price of 2 is required to complete this activity.
* Our guests staying at Taavetti cottage, Siikkis cabin and Kaamos apartment receive a -10% discount on the experience packages on the list.
* After the price for two adults, children under 12 years get -50%.
* Booking enquiries and reservations are made by contacting us.
* This activity is private. Once the booking fee or payment has been made, the calendar day will be closed and reserved for you.
* Please note the weather conditions and wear enough clothes for the wilderness surrounding. Dining in a hut kitchen by the fire.
* This activity takes place in a real wilderness setting on our private land (from Rovaniemi ~60 km Ranua ~50km). You will receive more detailed driving instructions upon booking confirmation.
* Transportation must be arranged separately and is not included in the price. (Pickup and drop off from Rovaniemi at an additional cost of 70€/car)
* We offer home made food. Please let us know in your booking if you have any dietary restrictions.
* You are free to enjoy your own alcoholic beverages if you wish.
*** There may be changes to the planned program if the weather in Lapland so requires.
*** The guests must have their own insurance and participate in the activities at their own risk, as instructed by the guide.
*** Prices include taxes payable in Finland.
*** Once the booking fee has been paid, the service is confirmed to you. The booking fee is 50% of the total amount of the invoice. The balance must be paid in advance or on the spot by cash or card before the service starts.
*** Cancellation policy: Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the experience begins. If you cancel up to 3 days before, you can still receive a 50% refund.
*** The booking fee and payment can be paid in advance through the Pay Pal invoice, Zettle payment link by card and mobile wallets, by bank transfer to the accaunt. Payment on the spot can be made by card or cash.