Take a break from the city and discover an authentic side of Lapland as you connect with nature and the local family. Join the local family for an authentic wilderness ice-fishing experience with a meal in the hut kitchen.
Host family takes you out on the frozen wilderness pond, surrounded by snowy landscape. This is your chance to learn from a local expert fisherman. You will learn how to drill a hole in the ice and how to use fishing gear correctly. You will learn about the water around you and the fish you fish for. You will try your luck at catching some local fish. Fish caught, you can clean up and add it to the fish soup that simmers on the fire at a nearby wilderness hut kitchen. The hut kitchen has a fire to keep you warm if needed during your ice-fishing experience.
In addition to ice-fishing, you will experience wilderness peace, tranquillity and contact with the surrounding nature. If you wish, you can have a moment to be all alone in the middle of the wilderness. Just you and nature. Conveniently, the locals call these moments as a Lappish meditation.
At the end of the ice-fishing experience, we will enjoy a local fish soup in the hut kitchen by the fire. The fish soup is made with local fish that the host family has caught. For dessert we have a pie made from blueberries gathered from the surrounding forests and a lappish black pot coffee cooked on the fire.
This is a great opportunity to get to know some of the local lifestyle, experience a genuine wilderness and learn a new skill. Are you ready to experience the real Lapland?
Menu: Local fish soup, blueberry pie and Lappish black pot coffee
This service includes:
Guided ice-fishing session on a wilderness pond
Dinner in the wilderness hut kitchen by the fire
Guidance on winter clothing - We will lend you winter gear if needed.
Points to note:
* A minimum of 2 adults or a price of 2 is required to complete this activity.
* After the price for two adults, additional person 138€ and children under 12 years get -50%, 69€
* Suitable for small groups
* Booking enquiries and reservations are made by contacting us by email or via the website
* This activity is private. in private wilderness ranch.
* This activity takes place in a Lompero willderness ranch. (from Rovaniemi ~60 km Ranua ~50km). You will receive more detailed driving instructions upon booking confirmation.
* Transportation must be arranged separately and is not included in the price. (Pickup and drop off from Rovaniemi at an additional cost of 90€/car)
* We offer home made food. Please also let us know in your booking if you have any dietary restrictions and if you prefer vegetarian version.
* If you have any health restrictions, please let us know before booking.
This experience can be combined with other experiences like sauna experiences. Ask us more!