The unique location of the Lapland Herbal Sauna in the heart of the wilderness offers visitors an unforgettable sauna experience. The peace and tranquillity of the wilderness combined with the therapeutic effects of the herbal sauna and open-air bathing in the icy wilderness pond create the perfect environment for relaxation and stress relief.
The sauna session takes place in a wood-heated sauna building, which has a sauna room and a cozy dressing room.The sauna is located by a small wilderness pond in the middle of a beautiful winter landscape. The washing water is traditionally carried from an icy pond where it flows from a spring. The sauna and washing water are heated by fire, traditionally with wood from our own forest. There is no shower in the sauna and washing is traditionally done in water basins.
A traditional Lapland herbal sauna is a holistic experience that offers many health benefits. The sauna experience takes you back to the roots of Finnish sauna culture, using a variety of Lapland plants and herbs, such as birch leaves and branches, Lapland flowers and herbs. Herbs have been gathered in the summer from the surrounding area. From them we have prepared a foot bath, sauna steam water and "vasta" which will give you a special sauna experience with their health-promoting properties. The vapours of the Lapland herbal sauna open the pores of the skin and the respiratory tract, helping to cleanse and relax the body.
Swimming in the open water of an icy wilderness pond is also an exotic experience, offering many health benefits. With our guidance, you can take a dip into the icy pond and cool your body from the soothing heat of the herbal sauna. Swimming in a hole cut in the pond ice is good for circulation and metabolism, helping to reduce inflammation and improve immune function. Swimming in natural waters can help improve mood and also reduce stress. In addition, open water swimming is highly energizing and helps to increase the body's ability to cope with stressful situations.
During the sauna session, we will serve you a small homemade savory from local products and drinking water to a dressing room connected to the sauna. Room is heated by a fireplace.
This service includes:
Traditional wood-fired sauna in the Lapland wilderness.
Instruction on sauna behavior, washing up without the shower, herbs and how to dip into icy water correctly.
Dipping in an icy pond
Footbath, steam sauna water and “vasta” (birch whisk used in sauna) made from Lapland herbs.
Eco-friendly natural detergentsigh made by local small entrepreneurs
Towels, sauna seat cloth (Please, bring your own swimsuit, extra socks for ice-swimming).
Lappish savory served in the sauna and sauna water.
Points to note:
* A minimum of 2 adults or a price of 2 is required to complete this activity.
* After the price for two adults, additional persons 60€ and children under 12 years get -50%, 30€
* A maximum of four participants. Larger numbers of participants will be agreed separately.
* Booking enquiries and reservations are made by contacting us by email or via the website
* This activity is private. in private wilderness ranch where no other people pass.
* This activity takes place in a Lompero wilderness ranch. (from Rovaniemi ~60 km Ranua ~50km). You will receive more detailed driving instructions upon booking confirmation.
* Transportation must be arranged separately and is not included in the price. (Pickup and drop off from Rovaniemi at an additional cost of 90€/car)
* We offer home made food. Please also let us know in your booking if you have any dietary restrictions and if you prefer vegetarian version.
* If you have any health restrictions, please let us know before booking.
The herbal sauna experience can be combined with other experiences we offer in the Lompero wilderness. Ask us more!