Surrender yourself to the magic of Lapland wilderness and treat yourself to something truly special. This is an experience that combines two things into one—a private sauna session with ice bathing and an authentic Lappish three-course festive dinner in the wilderness cabin hosted by the Lapish family.
After a warm welcome to your host family's wilderness ranch called Lompero. Your private evening begins with the traditional sauna session. The sauna session takes place in a wood-heated sauna building, which has a sauna room and a cozy dressing room. The sauna is located by a small pond in the middle of a beautiful winter landscape in the Lompero wilderness ranch. To the sauna by your host the water is traditionally carried from a pond where it flows from a spring. The sauna and washing water are heated by fire, traditionally with wood from your host’s own forest. There is no shower in the sauna and washing is traditionally done in water basins. Your host will guide you to traditional sauna practices. The traditional sauna includes a "sauna vasta" which you can also get to know during your sauna session. The "Vasta" is a whip made of birch branches that is used in the sauna and is known for its circulatory and metabolic effects. The detergents are eco-friendly products made from local natural ingredients.
As the evening falls, the area is beautifully lit. A light path leads you to the pond, where a hole has been cut in the ice for an ice bath. Swimming in the open water of an icy wilderness pond is also an exotic experience, offering many health benefits. With host guidance, you can take a dip into the icy pond and cool your body from the soothing heat of the sauna. Swimming in a hole cut in the pond ice is also good for circulation and metabolism, helping to reduce inflammation and improve immune function. Swimming in natural waters can help improve mood and also reduce stress. In addition, open water swimming is highly energizing and helps to increase the body's ability to cope with stressful situations.
Fresh and relaxed after the sauna. The drumming of Lapland leads you to the main cabin where you are invited to the Lapland wilderness ceremony. The ceremony will gently awaken your connection with surrounding nature. The table is set by the fireplace where you will be served a three-course Lappish festive meal. The meal is prepared just for you, using pure local produce, most of which your host family has sourced from the surrounding forest.
Local mushroom soup and home baked bread
Sauteed reindeer and mashed potatoes with side dishes
Lappish cranberry sorbet and cloudberry parfait with caramel sauce
This service includes:
Wood-fired wilderness sauna by the pond
“Saunavasta” - a whip made of birch branches used in the sauna
Dipping in an icy wilderness pond
Sauna towels, ecological detergents and seat cloth for sauna
Sauna drinking water
Three-course Lapish festive meal by the fireplace, hosted by a Lapland family in a wilderness cabin
Points to note:
* A minimum of 2 adults or a price of 2 is required to complete this activity.
* After the price for two adults,, additional persons 164€ and children under 12 years get -50%.,82€
* A maximum of four participants. Larger numbers of participants will be agreed separately.
* Booking enquiries and reservations are made by contacting us by email or via the website
* This activity is private. in private ranch.
* This activity takes place in a Lompero willderness ranch. (from Rovaniemi ~60 km Ranua ~50km). You will receive more detailed driving instructions upon booking confirmation.
* Transportation must be arranged separately and is not included in the price. (Pickup and drop off from Rovaniemi at an additional cost of 90€/car)
* We offer home made food. Please also let us know in your booking if you have any dietary restrictions and if you prefer vegetarian version.
* If you have any health restrictions, please let us know before booking.
This experience can be combined with other experiences we offer in the Lompero wilderness. Ask us more!